Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pray for rain in Georgia

Georgia has been suffering from an intense drought in recent months that is so severe it has threatened supplies of drinking water.
Recently, Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue has called for a prayer service to call on the Lord for relief from the drought.

Of course, droughts are nothing new and neither is praying for them to end. The Old Testament records a long drought that occurred during Elijah’s time in 1 Kings 18. When Elijah earnestly prayed for rain, the Lord answered him with a downpour. According to James 5, we have the assurance that if we pray as earnestly as Elijah did, we too can have our prayers answered.

This is an opportunity for the Body of Christ to demonstrate the love of God. The water shortage in the South is not only a Georgia problem, it hurts us all.
Proverbs 11:25 says, “The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.”

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 tells us, “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain… and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.”
Let’s join with Georgia, and the rest of the south by calling on the name of the Lord to pray for rain.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309619,00.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I wrong, or is it not now raining in parts of Georgia? Sounds like an answer to prayer where I come from.