Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enjoy the spiritual advice of Dungy

Last year's NFL Super Bowl winning coach for the Indianapolis Colts Tony Dungy recently wrote a book called, Quiet Strength, Men's Bible Study. The book will be presented at First Southern Baptist Church at 585 Kimball in Red Bluff beginning on Nov. 3 at 9 a.m.

Men who are interested in Dungy's philosophy and spiritual strength are urged to attend.
Dungy says of the Game Plan session, "When I was fired from Tampa Bay, I knew that my game plan needed to change. I had planned to be there much longer than I was. And I knew a change would be difficult for my family. But God's plans were different, and I quickly learned the importance of following God's plan, and glorifying Him no matter where I am. This section of the Bible study will challenge you to find God in the midst of frustrated plans."
The first session will be led by Kyle Turner, principal of Foothill High School. He has also coached at Shasta College and for the UC Davis Aggies. Pastor Tom Turner, a former high school coach, who was fortunate enough to coach several NFL players during their youth, strongly recommends this study.
Following the Game Plan session will be weekly studies defining Real Strength, Success, Security, Significance and the Legacy men would like to leave. All men are invited to attend.
For further information you can reach Pastor Tom at (530) 227-7173.

No comments: