Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"He Restoreth My Soul" (part 3)

“The Lord is my Shepherd—I shall not want-He maketh Me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters.”

We have to be realistic about the life of the child of God and face facts as they really are. Most of us, though we belong to Christ and desire to be under His control and endeavor to allow ourselves to be led by Him, do on some occasions find ourselves cast down.

If I wish to go on walking with God and not be forever cast down, this is an aspect of my life which He must deal with drastically.
Whenever I found that a sheep was being cast down because that too long and heavy a fleece, I soon took swift steps to remedy the situation.

The toughness it takes to face life and the formidable reverses which it brings to us can come only through the discipline of endurance and hardship.

We may rest assured that He will never expect us or ask us to face more than we can stand. He is the Good Shepherd, we can rest assured that he know what He is doing.

This in and of itself should be sufficient to continually refresh and restore my soul.

(Part 1) & (Part 2)
Excerpt from “A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23” by W. Phillip Keller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is uplifting. mE